2 Week Back to basics
Over the two consecutive weeks you will bake a round madeira cake and then split fill and ice it to achieve a smooth professional finish.
Over the two consecutive weeks you will bake a round madeira cake and then split fill and ice it to achieve a smooth professional finish. Working with flower paste you will make dainty blossom flowers and pretty butterflies to decorate your cake. You will complete the design with ribbon at the base of your cake and around the board.
Back to Basics is the perfect place to start your journey at Pashley’s Cake Emporium; it will give you base skills that you can develop further with our other courses, including the diplomas and master classes. Our recommendation would be that a beginner (or those wishing to refresh their skills) attends both this 2 week Back to basics and also the 6 week Back to basics before progressing onto more advanced courses.
We provide everything you need, just bring your apron and the desire to create wonderful cakes. At the end of your two weeks you will take home the completed cake along with the skills to create many more.
- How to line a cake tin
- How to bake a madeira cake
- How to professionally cover your cake and board with sugar paste icing
- How to use smoothers to best effect
- Tutorial – how to use colour to best effect
- How to colour flower paste
- How to make flower paste butterflies
- How to create blossom flowers from flower paste including layered blossoms.
- How to attach ribbon to a cake board
- How to attach ribbon to a celebration cake
- Storage & transportation of your cake
The course price includes everything you need to bake and decorate your cake and even the box to take it home. We will provide all the ingredients, materials, all sugarcraft tools, equipment and refreshments. Course attendees will also receive a full set of course notes which includes the cake recipe. You will also receive a 10% discount on selected items purchased in the cake decorating supplies shop for the duration of your course.
Tuesday 23rd January 7.30pm-9.30pm
Tuesday 30th January 7.30pm-9.30pm
7.30pm - 9.30pm
8 in stock