Pashley’s Cake Emporium is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
Pashley’s Cake Emporium are a cake decorating supplies shop. We make bespoke wedding and celebration cakes to order. We have a teaching room which is used for cake decorating classes and 1-2-1 tuition.
How do we collect information about you?
- Directly from you. For example, if you buy via our website or enter a competition, free prize draw, details supplied through one of our events or submit your details directly on our website. This could include your name, email address, home address and mobile number.
We use the following information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- Your contact information. We will hold contact information you provide to us (e.g. name, address, phone number, email, if you become a cake club member we also ask for your d.o.b) submitted when you purchase products via our website, telephone, orders via email, participate in our competitions or promotions or when you submit your details on our website to receive communication from us.
- Information on your preferences. We may collect information about products you buy or enquire about events you like or from your review of a product you have purchased.
By providing your information in the circumstances described above, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Fulfil products you have ordered from us
- Help identify you when you get in touch with us
- Keep internal records
- Monitor account status
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry even if you do not become a customer
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested that may be of interest to you, e.g. new product launches, pricing updates and discontinued ranges
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Who has access to your information?
- Pashley’s Cake Emporium Employees
We only authorise access to those employees who need the information to carry out their job responsibilities.
Please note: We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
How long do we keep your information for?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for the indefinite period of the customer relationship. Should you cease to be a customer we will hold any relevant data for a period of three years after which time it will be deleted.
How can you access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Pashley’s Cake Emporium holds about you. If you want to see this information or update any changes simply email email@example.com
How do we keep your information safe?
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. We use computer safeguards such as password protection. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Links to other websites
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and may need to update it from time to time in response to changing legal or business developments. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.